Institute of Software System and Engineering
1. Software System Platforms: Automated Software System Generation, Software System Maintenance Theory and Tools.
2. Information System Security: Wireless Ad hoc network MANET based multi-layer security system architecture, cryptography, security protocal, privacy protection and security risk evaluation of information systems.
3. Formalized Software Verification: Software modeling, metrics, verification and simulation, based on embedded systems.
Institute of Information System and Engineering
1. Foundations: unified model and query language for unstructured data, concurrent process modeling and behavioral analysis.
2. Techniques: management of unstructured data, data storage on cloud, data mining, data warehouse, data privacy and copyright protection.
3. Systems: big data storage platform (LaUDStore), unstructured data management system (LaUDMS), product lifecycle management system (PLM, MRO), and process data management system (BeehiveZ).
Institute of Trustworthy Network and Systems
1. Fundamental Theory and Key Techniques in Sensor Networks and Internet of Things (IoT): embedded operating system, embedded software design and debugging, routing and transmission protocols of self-organized networks, network measurement, network performance evaluation, novel hardware design, network localization, network management, diagnosis, security and privacy, scalable sensor network systems and IoT applications.
2. RFID Technology and System: RFID tag batch authentication, tag collision avoidance, tag movement detection, host-based RFID tag and architecture, RFID localization.
3. Pervasive and Mobile Computing：: wireless network localization, location-based services, location privacy, context awareness, crowd and participatory computing, and smartphone-based innovative mobile applications.
Institute of Computer-Aided Design, Computer Graphics and Visualization
1. Computer-Aided Design: Geometric modeling and intelligent design, 3D reconstruction, content-based 3D object retrieval, finite elementpreprocessing, geometric design based on professional/domain knowledge.
2. Computer Graphics: Photorealistic rendering, non-photorealistic rendering,digital geometry processing, image and video processingbased on graphics.
3. Visualization:Visual analysis, scientific visualization, information visualization,computer simulation.